Many of us are now becoming aware of the growing news story in the United States, exposing Planned Parenthood for harvesting the organs and tissue of aborted children. And in February of this year our Supreme Court overturned the existing law prohibiting assisted suicide, leaving our elderly and vulnerable at risk. These stories are disturbing and distressing—but they also serve to remind us that life issues are not just philosophical debates about when life begins or ends, nor are they political issues to be debated amongst our elected officials. We, as the Church in Canada, need to be informed and ready to act on life issues in our congregations and communities.
Anglicans for Life Canada has produced a new version of the US series Project Life to help meet this need. Project Life is an eight-week, DVD, Christian education series produced by Anglicans for Life Canada. This series gives a comprehensive snapshot of life issues and how Christians can make a difference for life.
During this course, you will learn
- the biblical basis for a commitment to life (Historical, biblical Overview)
- what abortion is and how it used in our society (Abortion)
- the effects of abortion on people and society (Post-abortion)
- how we need to respond to unexpected pregnancies (Adoption)
- what we need to say about sex (Abstinence)
- how euthanasia and assisted suicide further erodes the valuing of human life (Euthanasia and Assisted Suicide)
- what challenges biotechnology presents (Stem Cell Research)
- practical ways that we can affirm Life (Action Plan)
In the words of Georgette Forney, President of Anglicans for Life US, “For too long we’ve been silent while the culture of death has mounted a relentless campaign against the Gospel of Life. Now is the time to end that effort.”
Take the first step to standing for life! To learn more or to order Project Life for your small group or church, please contact Anglicans for Life National Director Vicky Hedelius at Canada@AnglicansforLife.org or 905-220-0292.